Keele Centre for Medicines Optimisation is a not-for-profit organisation based at Keele University in the School of Pharmacy, providing tailored, cost-effective, prescribing support solutions to the NHS.
With nearly 20 years experience in delivering medicines management solutions and optimising medicines use, our services include:
- Prescribing data analysis (primary and secondary care)
- Quality Outcome Framework achievement data
- Secondary care outpatient and inpatient episode statistics
- Clinical evaluation (critical appraisal) services
- Medicines optimisation support materials
- Medicines optimisation strategic action planning
- Mapping and spatial analysis of health related data sets
Working with GPs, commissioners and local medicines management teams, we offer a wide range of medicines management services, from user-friendly, affordable, prescribing summaries for an individual practice right through to a comprehensive service, providing comparative prescribing data and action planning for a cluster of healthcare providers.
"Our aim is to encourage high-quality, evidence-based prescribing, to achieve the best care for patients. We pride ourselves on providing a responsive service that reflects current, key policy drivers, such as QIPP."
We are keen to work alongside GP consortia, and believe that outsourcing prescribing support activities to Keele offers healthcare providers a practical, cost-effective and, importantly, flexible option, as medicines management services are reconfigured.